Monday 30 December 2013

The Awful Thing!

It's Terrible.  As you know, I was writing this saga for a bit but unfortunately, I couldn't remember how to get into my blogs after I got the new computer and mislaid all my bookmarks. It all necessitated clearing cookies, trying every email sign in I ever owned and ignoring all those wee notices that are too small to read about runtime errors, mismatches of data, etc.

Well, I'm here now so I'll get started.

We all know I've become a tad forgetful about many things in life but today I've suffered the ultimate memory betrayal.  I might never get over this one!

I've been tidying up and had a whole drawer of laundered handkerchiefs that I never iron.  In fact, I haven't ironed anything at all for around 35 years.  No, dear friends, this is not a typo. I hate ironing with a passion. I don't mind looking a tad rumply. It's other people who seem to get all flushed about this. 

But, yesterday, my brain said "Wouldn't it be nice if these hankies were ironed and folded into wee squares that will fit ever-so-neatly in the drawer."  Then it continued,  "If you look in the wardrobe there are 4 blouses and those nice capri pants that would look much more chic all smoothed out."

I must now be completely soft in the head since I was persuaded...

I found the iron in the back of the storage cupboard and spent some time taking the dust out of those wee holes.  Then I cleaned the ironing board, which had even thicker grime and took quite some time to make pristine. Of course, the surface had perished or whatever they do over 35 years, so I had to go and buy another one and figure out how to attach it. 
 pix by theurbanraptor



So finally I'm good to go.  Now this is the horror of it all.....

      I CAN STILL REMEMBER HOW TO IRON !!!

                           PERFECTLY!!!

I know where to start, which bit to do in the middle and what to do last. 

Considering all the wonderful things I've probably forgotten, I can't believe that snake-in-the-grass brain would remember ironing.

 I shudder to think what it will come up with next.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views are always welcome!