Thursday 29 August 2013

The Great Frozen Roast Dinner Hunt

I can't be bothered cooking every day.  I make food in batches and freeze it in dinner-sized containers with no labels. Once upon a time I wrote on the bags but now I just hope.  Mostly this method works but occasionally I wind up eating frozen stewed apple instead of casserole. 
C'est la vie.

Today I spend a good half hour looking for a frozen meal.  I was sure I removed it from the freezer and put it on the bench, but later in the day, I couldn't find it anywhere. Yikes!  I has visions of the dinner defrosting - the smell - the stained carpet or furniture - the knowledge that it was somewhere rapidly decaying.  

I searched and searched but nowhere did I find.


Eventually it came to me.....

In the morning I had stared into the freezer for a while, fingering a nice roast. But then decided that I would leave the frozen meal until next time I was feeling tired at the end of the day and wanted something quick. 

It makes a change from losing my keys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views are always welcome!