Tuesday 3 September 2013

ALL DRESSED UP AND NO PLACE TO GO

I got today’s spot of daftness out of the way early.

Having spent the night dreaming of having to take the cat to the vet at the hospital and only being able to find every other cat in the neighbourhood, intermingled with being part of a female dance troop on a large ship, I awoke early.

I remembered that I’d said I’d go to the mall for coffee to see Jenny’s new teeth and to meet with another friend who is going on holiday. They walk at the Mallfit group on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we meet for coffee afterwards if I manage to get up in time. 


I think 8.30 is a nice time to wake up and walking group starts at 7.15, so this doesn't happen that often.

I had instant fruity rolled oats instead of my usual cooked breakfast so as to be on time (almost). I was very organised – fed the cats, collected up the gear for some gardening at another friend’s house and got in the car.

As I stopped to clear the mailbox, along came the rubbish collection truck. 
“That’s funny” I thought. “The rubbish comes on Wednesday and it wasn't a public holiday on Monday. I’m to meet my friends on Thursday”.


The penny finally dropped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views are always welcome!